Friday, October 30, 2009

Uke, Ubu, Uke found another great NPR video...

It is of a group of musicians known as, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. See the inspirational NPR video on http://ukeubuuke.blogspot.com/ They also appeared on the David Letterman Show that I never watch because that's some of my prime ukulele playing and reading time. Thanks Marcus.


.
The trumpeter also plays a baritone ukulele on portions of some songs. This group reminds me of the many band collaborations that occurs at the Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz -- As I usually say, it's a celebration of the ukulele, but it is really a celebration of music and therefore life. The eye contact and interaction between the singers and musicians is joyful.
.
.

1 comment:

  1. You know I ended up watching some more of their videos. You are correct about the eye contact, and overall interaction, is joyful. Wonderful. Thank you for the link. I need a little Santa Cruz in Chicago. :)

    ReplyDelete