Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lil Rev - DROP BABY DROP album CD

Caden sez, "It's good barefoot stompin' musik"
photo by Debra Boutwell his Indianapolis Grandma
--)0(--


Drop Bay Drop - Rare Blues, Novelty and Old Time Music for Ukulele
Lil Rev. (his purchase info is at the bottom of this post)
--)+(--
Just got a copy of Lil' Rev's new CD. He's got that good old hill country "barefoot" picking style
mixed with beautiful strumming skills. The Rev. shows a bit of the mischievious side in this CD. He has always been one of my favorite performers, storytellers and teachers. His use and skills on the ukulele are a joy to watch and listen to.
][
I heard his song, Boodle Am Shake, and liked the picking flavor. I googled for the chords and the master of all ukulele websites, Alistair Wood, surprised me by already having a posting of the song along with the finger picking licks and solid chords up the neck...
][
][
Ukulele Hunt post...
--
Yes, that's my Grandson, Caden Andrew West (3 years old)
--
To Order write: Lil Rev PO BOX 71362 Milwaukee, WI 53211 $17.00 POST PAID.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Thanks for putting this up. I get to play ukes with Lil Rev on a monthly basis (with the Milwaukee Ukulele Club) and so have had the chance to hear some of this already.

    Rev's always a ton of fun.

    While I'm thinking about it, may I add a plug for the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival coming up on Sept 26th?

    Great blog! Thank you!!

    hiho
    Mp

    ReplyDelete