Saturday, July 4, 2009

YELLOW BIRD / MILLS BROTHERS / CHET ATKINS

Here's a little tune, I been praticing...


Yellow bird, yellow bird, up high in banana tree. Yellow bird, you sit all alone like me.

--

Did your lady friend leave your nest again? That is very sad, makes me feel so bad.

You can fly away, in the sky away. You're more lucky than me.

--

I also had a pretty girl, she's not with me today.

They're all the same, the pretty girls, Take tenderness then they fly away.

--

Yellow bird up high in banana tree. Yellow bird, you sit all alone like me.

--

Let her fly away, in the sky away. Pick a town and soon, take from night to noon

Black and yellow, you, like banana too, They might pick you some day

--

Wish that I was a yellow bird, I'd fly away with you.

But I am not a yellow bird, So here I sit, nothin' else to do.

--

Yellow bird. Yellow bird. Ye-e-e-ello-o-ow bird.


Steven Strauss has done a few arrangements for students. Jane and I are encouraging him to make a book. Believe me it would be an absolute treasure!

Spelling errors! Boy, sometimes my brain gets ahead of my fingers!

Here's a historical diversion (the background music fluff is thick though!)

http://deenotes.homestead.com/yellowbird.html

No comments:

Post a Comment