Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jayme Kelly Curtis / Musician / Santa Cruz

I like to add photos to my posts and the ukulele community is still small enough that I frequently find images of people that I've met at ukulele clubs, classes, or concerts. While I was googling for a photo of Jim Beloff I came across the talented Jayme Kelly Curtis' photo and found her site which tells about her varied musical talents.
-
My most vivid image of Jayme is her Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz incredible pseudo-hula to Rhan Wilson's song, Is Little Rhani (pronounced RON-NIE) High? Imagine a stoned blonde hula dancer. What a performer! Perhaps, Jayme wouldn't be too fond of this, but alas, it is a YouTube world.
-
-
I have the desire to write songs. I find players like Ukulele Dick, Ukisociety, Owlphanumeric, Ukulelezo, and others are so much fun to listen to because of their thoughtful songs. These are the treasures found in the plethura of ordinary YT videos. Jayme includes some song writing ideas about painting the picture in words...
-

I have also had a distant fascination for the dulcimer and enjoyed seeing her link and video...

No comments:

Post a Comment