Monday, December 6, 2010

SCALES SCALES SCALES

So what's up with scales? Yes, I know enough theory to understand how scales are created. But what is the best way to play them? And if we move up the neck what happens? AcousticMonster has created this video and a pdf. As I listen to this video and look at the chart I see the patterns and hear the notes but wonder why? How can I use this? I am going to leave this unanswered but I am becoming obsessed with understanding scales and understanding my instrument better so I will be coming back to this subject soon. If you have a favorite link or some helpful hints please share...


SEQUENCING SCALES (Doesn't really relate to the previous)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting stuff..I haven't a clue with scales to be honest but maybe need to try and get it in my head..to be honest though it just confuses me.

    ReplyDelete