Saturday, March 20, 2010

Justin Townes Earle

Mr. P.O.B. leads me by the nose again. This video is of Justin Townes Earle. He plays guitar and is accompanied by violin and mandolin (no uke). I like the video production on this video and I like to check out the sound set up. Justin has only a vocal mic because his guitar is plugged in. The other players have the mics right up to their instruments.




An interview with Justin, where he talks about going back to the roots of singer/songwriter music: Woody Guthrie.



Another Good Interview + (3) more songs (13 minutes!)...
(Note: His Father was Steve Earl. His middle name comes from songwriter, Townes Van Zant)
.
.
Boy, this Humble Uker guy must be really confused. There's no ukulele in these songs or interviews! Sometimes there's classical, rock, jazz, bossa nova, vintage, new. Why is everything so divergent? Why do I e-travel to Sweden, England, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Australia, etc. It's BECAUSE this blog acts as a memory of places I've explored and things I may want to explore again -- It is my "notebook" and I like quite a variety of music. So yull neva know where I'll go next. YouTube has opened so many doors -- I hope Google will be a good custodian of this treasure!

1 comment:

  1. Justin Townes Earle is very talented and a worthy steward of the American folk tradition. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete