Tuesday, January 6, 2009

UKULELE WEDNESDAYS || Ukulele Eck


I was googling around and found another ukulele club in England, Ukulele Wednesdays. I haven't had much time to research it fully but I was looking for an unusual song and they had it. I've looked at a few songs in their songbook which is arranged in separate alphabetical pdf files but I am really eager to check out more since I saw some unusual tunes there. I also added them to my ukulinkies for easy reference.

Today was a big crunch day. It is 10:15pm and I started at 7:00am. And they day is not through. Tomorrow morning I must get up early and take BART to San Francisco to meet a business client. at One Kearny St. The building is about 100 years old. It withstood the 1906 earthquake. I'll take note how many blocks it is away from Pier 1 on Market St. then see if I can see it in Bearetube's video.

When I want to hear some fun and thoughtful ukulele music, perhaps my favorite album is, Ukulele Eck and His Fabulous Lacklusters. The album is called Tarnished Reputation. The Gal from Oklahoma to the tune The Girl from Ipanema (Garota de Ipanema) has got to be one of the best parody songs for lightening the spirit during a long days work.

This album combines witty vocals with: ukulele, saw, lap, pedal & national steel guitars, bass, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, bass flute. It has an emphasis on the ukulele and the wind instruments are mainly background. I think there are some live cows too.

No comments:

Post a Comment