Monday, October 13, 2008

FOLK ALLEY / In Spite Of Ourselves


Lately, I have been listening a lot to the FOLK ALLEY station of http://www.live365.com/ radio. I heard this song “In Spite of Ourselves” and burst out in laughter. I thought about this one for the ukulele club… men singing one part and women the other. Not sure that this would go over too well.

JOHN & PRINE & IRIS CLEMENT (In Spite of Ourselves)(Requested by Billy Bob Thornton for a movie)


She don't like her eggs all runnyShe thinks crossin' her legs is funnyShe looks down her nose at moneyShe gets it on like the Easter BunnyShe's my baby I'm her honeyI'm never gonna let her goHe ain't got laid in a month of SundaysI caught him once and he was sniffin' my undiesHe ain't too sharp but he gets things doneDrinks his beer like it's oxygenHe's my babyAnd I'm his honeyNever gonna let him goIn spite of ourselvesWe'll end up a'sittin' on a rainbowAgainst all oddsHoney, we're the big door prizeWe're gonna spite our nosesRight off of our facesThere won't be nothin' but big old heartsDancin' in our eyes.She thinks all my jokes are cornyConvict movies make her hornyShe likes ketchup on her scrambled eggsSwears like a sailor when shaves her legsShe takes a lickin'And keeps on tickin'I'm never gonna let her go.He's got more balls than a big brass monkeyHe's a wacked out werido and a lovebug junkieSly as a fox and crazy as a loonPayday comes and he's howlin' at the moonHe's my baby I don't mean maybeNever gonna let him goIn spite of ourselvesWe'll end up a'sittin' on a rainbowAgainst all oddsHoney, we're the big door prizeWe're gonna spite our nosesRight off of our facesThere won't be nothin' but big old heartsDancin' in our eyes.There won't be nothin' but big old heartsDancin' in our eyes.(spoken) In spite of ourselves CHORDS http://www.cowboylyrics.com/tabs/prine-john/in-spite-of-ourselves-2715.html

JOHN & PRINE & IRIS CLEMENT (We’re Not the Jet Set)


JAMES TAYLOR & IRIS CLEMENT (You Can Close Your Eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment